Sunday, February 15, 2009 ~ 0 Comments

Be prepared

It's one of those weekends again with a heck bunch of preparation. A nice Sunday and the cats are stretching lazily beside me. In between finishing up some design work, I open up my blogger and decided to write something in. It has been too long a silence.

The preparation wasn't as smooth of late. Hiccups. And lots of it. But I guess it comes with it all, right? It can't be a smooth sailing all the way without storm, I suppose. Jack Sparrow must agree with me.

I love beautiful things. Beautiful wedding dress, beautiful dais, beautiful music arrangement - everything must be beautiful and be done accordingly. So beauty when mixed up with a lot of reverie and fickle-mindedness have resulted with a lot of tears and pressures.

And a loose-written list isn't a help either.

Preparing for a wedding is not easy. NOT EASY. Unless you have a budget for a personal wedding planner to take care of everything, that would be a different story. Being my own wedding planner; I drove myself nuts thinking and planning. Juggling a 15 hours work and two weddings is crazy actually - my brain works around the clock, non-stop. I even have nightmares of having to wear an ugly-looking piece of wedding dress which- as far as I could remember - was certainly not Vivien's.

I am ever thankful to have a very supportive fiance. He hugs me after the horrible not-vivienwestwood-wedding-dress nightmare, find references on the net for me, help find venues for our beach wedding and even sneakily bought me wedding mags at Jasema. Anything to keep me happy (even though I secretly think its to keep me from thinking of the nightmare again) and for the wedding to go smoothly.

Now you know why I wanna marry my man.



Back to the wedding preparation. I am planning for both sides - mine and his. We already have a confirmed concept for both and are really working it out. I can't tell about the whole concept now or else its gonna wreck the element of surprise but enough if I said that for my side in Muar, its gonna surprise the folks. I'm so glad that my family members are more than supportive with the idea. Mom and my sister are beyond great. They both helped me a lot financially and taking care of the more bigger stuff. Caterer, canopies, bunga pahar and favors are well taken care of for the time being.

Two of my sisters are sponsoring favors - I heard my eldest sister is gonna buy the big lollipops and tie 'em up with ribbons. Lollipops for kids - how sweet is that?

I finally settled with the dais after much contemplation. I scouted a lot of wedding planners for this and locked down on three which went around the lowest, medium and highest budget. Each and everyone of them have their own specialties but I finally chose the one that I think could work on the magic better than the rest. I'm going for Reka Teemor and the fact that they have an advertising background intrigued me even more. Another one was Precious Moments. I personally like their presentation and i have to say theirs are so sweet and simple. Unfortunately, what they have didn't cater to what I want for my wedding. But hey if you are looking for a fresh flowers based dais and deco, you might wanna try Precious Moments. Unfortunately, I don't think they have a website.



The dais and every other deco is gonna be minimal but match the whole concept. Flowers are going to be replaced with fruits and leaves which is much more cheaper. We chose burgundy for the color theme, which happens to be his favorite color.

I spent days and nights to come out with the concept and budget so I lay my trust on Reka Teemor for the whole deco. Faiz and Rozana are friendly, imaginative and super sweet. I hope they will do wonders for my wedding.