Monday, March 23, 2009 ~ 0 Comments

Budget-buy

Whew. Finally managed to fix the design of my solemnization's dress. I can be a bit of a fickle-minded nutcase going bonkers. At first, I wanted a normal kebaya but after a bit of thinking and googling around, I decided to have a polite-looking dress. But trouble was, the lace I have in hand wasn't enough for the design plus it's slightly unmatch.

Which then brought MN and I to Jakel in Jalan Tun Razak in hope to find some good replacement. Mmm well, I'm not too sure if I like Jakel's fabric as the fabric they have doesn't match the price tag. I'm trying to find a very light lace with big flowery pattern but one of the staff keep insisting me to buy the beaded one (and the design is nowhere nice) which cost around RM450 per meter. Lets do the math shall we:

RM450
x 2m
______
RM900

What is she, kidding me? She grab a scissor and asked how many meters I would like to have, 5 minutes after she showed the lace to me. I was dumbfounded - she MUST be trying real hard to make a joke here coz I seriously didn't get her at all. I told her that the lace did not match the fabric I already have in hand and also the design of my dress. She then bragged 'oh, your tailor mesti nak tipu you. Dia tak bagi ambik lace yg ada beading sebab dia nak ambik untung jahit beads. Kalau you ambik kain ni senang tak payah buat beading lagi.'

Uh? Wth. Didn't she know that if I bought the beaded lace its gonna double up the tailor's work? My tailor have to sew out the beaded lace, patch it to my fabric and sew the beads back in. Which means I'm gonna have to double up my tailor's fee too. My tailor's fee cost around RM250. Okay lets do the second math:

RM250
x 2 kali keja
______
RM500

Lets sum it all up, shall we?

RM900
+ RM500
_______
RM1400

I raised my eye-brow and asked if she has any french lace. With a sour face, this makcik guided me to the fourth floor. The french laces I saw weren't too bad and its definitely much cheaper than the beaded lace. But I wasn't really convinced because instead of showing me around, she left me there and went to gossip with her friend. Still dumbfounded, I apologized for not taking any of the fabric. Instead, I bought a nice lace and fabric for my pengapit.

The next day, I asked my tailor's favorable help to find the lace I want. She found a very lovely lovely fabric (see previous entry) which I really love and yea, wayyy nicer than the beaded ones. It cost around RM400 for 2 meters.

Now, thats budget-buying :P